CAN A SCOUT ATTEND MORE THAN ONE WEEK?
- Yes. Scouts can attend multiple weeks if they choose and we do offer a multi-week discount.
WHAT IS THE FEE FOR SCOUTS?
- The fee is $485 per Scout, as long as a $100 deposit is paid prior to March 15th. The late fee for scouts is $515. Any scout who is new to scouting will always be subjected to the early fee. More information about camp fees can be found at: onteora.org/files/41383/2022-camp-fees
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR ADULT LEADERS?
- Each unit will be able to bring two leaders to free to camp regardless of the size of their unit. The breakdown for this can be found at onteora.org/files/41383/2022-camp-fees. Adults in camp for more than 72 hours must have an up-to-date, completed Youth Protection Certification and be registered in Scouting.
WHAT MERIT BADGES WILL BE OFFERED?
- We will be offering 75+ merit badges this summer. We are in the process of finalizing that list now, but it will be available April 15th through our 2022 Program Guide. That will provide Leaders, Scouts, and Parents the opportunity to select the badges that best fit the interests and needs of the Scouts.
ARE THERE GOING TO BE ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR SOME MERIT BADGES?
- Yes, these prices will be listed in the Program Guide when released.
WILL MERIT BADGE CLASSES HAVE A CAPACITY?
- Yes, all classes have a capacity in order to ensure proper instruction and safety.
WHO WILL BE INSTRUCTING THE MERIT BADGES?
- The amazingly talented and dedicated OSR staff will be facilitating this program. They will be present instructing merit badges, helping Scouts, supporting Troop leadership and implementing our campfires and camp-wide programs.
IS THERE AN OPPORTUNITY TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP FACILITATE THE PROGRAM?
- Yes. We will soon be sending out information on how and when to assist. The more involvement we have from dedicated volunteers, the better the experience will be for our Scouts. Please stay tuned for more information to follow.
WHEN AND HOW WILL REGISTRATION TAKE PLACE?
- Merit badge registration will open on May 16th (the same day final payments are due). Only units who are paid in full will be able to register for merit badge classes.
WILL THERE BE A CAMP-WIDE THEME?
- We are happy to announce that this year's summer camp will be Pirate-themed! More information on how we will be incorporating our into this year's camp will be in our Program Guide.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
- Visit our resources page (onteora.org/resources) for more information, or email Kevin Shea (Kevin.Shea@scouting.org) and Kyle Jurasits (Kyle.Jurasits@scouting.org).