CAN A SCOUT ATTEND MORE THAN ONE WEEK?
- Yes. Scouts can attend multiple weeks if they choose and we do offer a multi-week discount.
WHAT IS THE FEE FOR SCOUTS?
- The fee is $475 per Scout per week as long as a $100 deposit is paid prior to March 15th. The late fee for scouts is $505. Any scout who is new to scouting will always be subjected to the early fee. More information about camp fees can be found at: https://www.onteora.org/files/36098/2021-camp-fees
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR ADULT LEADERS?
- Each unit will be able to bring two leaders to free to camp regardless of the size of their unit. The breakdown for this can be found at https://www.onteora.org/files/36098/2021-camp-fees And we will be offering a Scoutmaster Merit Badge recognition for adults that participate throughout the week. In order to participate, adults must have an up-to-date, completed Youth Protection Certification and be registered in Scouting.
WHAT MERIT BADGES WILL BE OFFERED?
- We will be offering 70+ merit badges this summer. We are in the process of finalizing that list now, but it will be available soon through an updated Program Guide, which will be published before registration opens. That will provide Leaders, Scouts, and Parents the opportunity to select the badges that best fit the interests and needs of the Scouts. Due to not having an in-person summer camp in 2020, we will increase the offerings of some of the hands-on badges we could not offer during OSR Online.
ARE THERE GOING TO BE ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR SOME MERIT BADGES?
- Yes, please refer to the merit badge listings page under "Resources" as we have already updated all those badges.
WILL MERIT BADGE CLASSES HAVE A CAPACITY?
- Yes, due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will be limited classes to specific group sizes in order to maintain all social distancing rules and regulations.
WHO WILL BE INSTRUCTING THE MERIT BADGES?
- We will still be using the amazingly talented and dedicated OSR staff to facilitate this program. They will be present instructing merit badges, helping Scouts, supporting Troop leadership and implementing our campfires and camp-wide programs.
IS THERE AN OPPORTUNITY TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP FACILITATE THE PROGRAM?
- Yes. We will soon be sending out information on how and when to assist. The more involvement we have from dedicated volunteers, the better the experience will be for our Scouts. Please stay tuned for more information to follow.
WHEN AND HOW WILL REGISTRATION TAKE PLACE?
- Merit badge registration will open on May 15th (the same day final payments are due). Only scouts who are paid in full will be able to register for merit badge classes.
WILL WE STILL BE USING THE MEDIEVAL THEME?
- We have made the decision to hold the medieval theme for 2021. Our Program Team put a huge amount of planning and preparation into fully incorporating the theme into our traditional in-person camp experience. So, we decided to hold off for a year and apply that theme integration planning for the summer of 2021.
WILL THERE BE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SCOUTS TO WORK ON CERTAIN MERIT BADGES THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE WHEN CAMPS RE-OPEN?
- Yes, we believe there will be. Planning will soon begin on how to best provide Scouts with the opportunity to take advantage of all our properties have to offer. More information regarding that will be available shortly after the camps are able to legally and safely re-open.
WILL THERE BE A “30-DAY” MEETING FOR LEADERS?
- Yes, we will have a meeting for leaders via Zoom shortly. Currently we are working to put together the Program Guide and infrastructure for this summer in anticipation of the needs of our parents and leaders. We will soon be in touch regarding date and time for our meeting to give you more information and address questions or concerns you may have.